Case Study: HVAC Preventive Maintenance
Impact of performing quality and routine (quarterly)
HVAC Preventive Maintenance:
- Company A has CLS performing preventive maintenance at 191 stores
- Primarily mall-based and averaging 2,000 square feet per store
- CLS has reduced time and material service calls (expenditure) by 17% over a 3 year period by conducting quality, thorough preventative maintenance on a quarterly basis
Additional benefits include reduced inconvenience to the store as well as comfort level in the store for associates and customers.
Result of skipping an HVAC Preventive Maintenance cycle:
- Company B has CLS performing preventive maintenance at 273 stores
- 100% mall-based and averaging 5,000 square feet per store
- During difficult economic times, this retailer opted to skip a preventive maintenance cycle
(winter, mid-season), which saved them $25,000
- In the subsequent months they saw a 9% increase in service call volume over the prior year which resulted in expenditures of nearly double the savings of the skipped preventive maintenance cycle ($47,858)
Additional impact included uncomfortable stores, a reactive approach, and increased emergency service calls.